Making Sence Of painting Myths
• I’LL WAIT UNTIL IT’S WARMER TO PAINT MY HOUSE SO I GET A BETTER RESULT
Did you know the ideal temperature for exterior painting is 50 degrees? The cooler temperature slows the drying process and gives the paint a smoother, more uniform finish.
• MY WALLS ARE SMOOTH, I DON’T NEED PRIMER?
Primer does a lot more than just preparing a smooth surface on which to paint. It acts as a binder for the paint to hold on to which means less chipping-plus it just looks better.
• THE HIGHER THE GLOSS, THE EASIER THE SURFACE IS TO CLEAN?
Okay. So, this one is true, but not as much as it used to be. Development in water-based paints has led to the development of washable matte finishes.
• DARK COLORS MAKE A ROOM LOOK SMALL?
Actually, it’s not the room color, it’s how the room is styled-from furniture to lighting can affect how a room feels. Dark colors recede. When a room is painted a dark to medium color, the color will actually make the room look larger rather than bringing the walls in.
• I’M SELLING MY HOME, I DON?T NEED TO PAINT IT?
Actually, if you are looking to sell your home, a new coat of paint can do wonders as most people would like to have something move-in ready.
• I DON?T NEED TO PRESSURE WASH BEFORE PAINTING BECAUSE MY HOUSE ISNT REALLY DIRTY?
While your home may not visibly look dirty, there are things we just cannot see with the naked eye, and power washing with mildewcide is critical for a long-lasting exterior paint job.
• I NEED TO HIRE A PROFESSIONAL TO PAINT MY HOUSE?
You absolutely do not. While we at Painter Ready are here if you want to hire the pros-many DIY warriors have chosen to tackle the job, you just need a little preparation.